Welcome to First UCC of Springfield
- We are a united and uniting Church
- We are a multiracial, multicultural Church
- We are an Open & Affirming Church
- We are a Peace with Justice Church
- We are a church accessible to all
The members and friends of First Church welcome all people, regardless of ethnic heritage, sexual orientation, or religious background. These are not mere words. We live those words as part of our spiritual journey, and we have much to learn from yours.
It's hard to live alone in this world. This bee outside the pastor's window lives its life in community with others. So too, we as a community of faith live out our journey together, more inclined to encourage and to love than to sit back and judge.
What do we believe?
OK, we are a church, and a church is supposed to believe in things, right? So, here goes:
- We believe in a God of love, forgiveness, and peace as demonstrated to us by the life and message of Jesus Christ.
- We believe there is more love in God than there is bad in us.
- We believe all people are valued by God, no matter where they've been or what they've done.
- We believe we don't all have to believe the same things. People's spiritual journeys take them many different places.
- We believe our mission is to serve the people of our community with as much of God's love and understanding as we can muster.
How's that? If you're interested in exploring the spiritual life with us, we've been saving a spot just for you.
Our congregation is deeply involved in caring for our neighorhood and our community. Love Your Neighbor is not just a phrase, it is our call to action. Won’t you join us in serving our neighbors?
Click the button to see a summary of our outreach and community services . . . and then make a generous donation today.
Worship is Sunday at 10:30,
Dress is casual.